You want something different this Christmas? You can try duck breast fillet. Hereby a quick recipe, that can't go wrong!
Ingredients (4 persons):
- 4 small duck breast fillets;
- 4 tablespoons balsamic cream;
- 2 tablespoons honey;
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Aluminium foil;
- Baking dish.
Preheat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius. Cut the skin of the duck fillets crosswise. Make sure you only cut the skin and not the flesh. Heat a frying pan until it's very hot. Lay the duck breast in the pan, with the skin side below. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the skin is brown and crispy and turn. Bake another 3 minutes. Meanwhile lay 4 pieces of Aluminium foil on the baking plate. Lay each duck breast in a piece of Aluminium foil and package them loosely. Lay them on the baking plate and put the plate during 5 minutes in the oven. Pour the duck fat, besides 4 teaspoons, away from your frying pan, and reheat. When the duck breast come out of the oven, unfold them a bit and pour the juices into the frying pan. Also add the honey, lemon juice and balsamic. Whisk everything and heat. Cut the duck and sprinkle with sauce. Serve the sauce as a side dish.
Tips and trucks:
- If you want your duck breast medium, bake the fillet after turning 5 minutes instead of three. If you bake even longer, it will turn well done;
- This recipe combines great with a salad and potatoes;
- If you got left overs, you can ate them the next day on a sandwich.